How to Pay ESI Online at ESIC Portal
Find a detailed procedure for ESIC online payment at the ESIC portal. ESIC is abbreviated for Employees State Insurance Corporation. It is established for self-financed health insurance and social security for Indian laborers. The autonomous body works under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. This post elaborates the online produce to make ESIC payment online. The official portal of the scheme facilitates online payment and challan generation. Learn step-wise procedure to pay ESI from your laptops and computers. ESI payment is facilitated through SBI account and through the account of other 58 banks.
ESI was earlier initiated for the factory workers. Later on, workers of all the establishments were covered under ESI. All the employees earning less than Rs. 21,000 per month as wages are covered under the scheme. The employer contributes 4.75 per cent while the employee contributes 1.75 percent. The total contribution is thus 6.5%. Every state government contributes 1/8th of the amount. The central government contributes 7/8th of the amount. Let us learn to pay employee’s contribution at the ESIC portal.
Online ESIC Monthly Contribution Payment | ESIC Online Payment Challan
Here is how you can pay ESI payment online. Follow the guidelines and the link to the official website of ESIC.
- Click here to visit the official site or ESI portal using Mozilla or Internet Explorer.
- Under the ESI links, follow the link of Pay e-challan. You will get a new page of e-challan.
- Enter the employer code number. Once you enter the code no., the employer’s name will appear automatically.
- Click on search for the employer code and enter the security code.
- You will find the challan numbers list with its period.
- Select the challan number against which you have to make ESIC online payment.
- Note down the challan number for your future reference.
- Click on the ‘continue’ tab to proceed with the online ESIC payment.
- You will now reach the payment gateway for ESIC online payment.
- You can pay through SBI branch or any other bank authorized by ESIC.
- Select the bank through which you wish to pay. The mode is internet banking only.
- Login at your net banking page and proceed with the transaction.
Complete the transaction and get a confirmation message. The list of the 58 banks authorized to collect ESIC online payment is available right there. The list is also on the homepage of the ESIC portal. This was the complete procedure of paying your monthly ESI contributions.
ESI is a social security scheme developed to take care of the social and medical securities of the workers in India. Employees in the organized sectors are covered for sicknesses, critical ailments, maternity, and death due to injury during work, and disability. Section 46 of the ESI Act gives following benefits to the employees.
ESI Benefits against ESIC online payment
- Medical benefit
- Sickness benefit
- Maternity benefit
- Disability benefit
- Dependent’s benefit
- Funeral expenses
- Rehabilitation expenses
The ESIC scheme helps workers by providing full medical care. All the employers and employees covered under this scheme are registered with ESIC. Employers are responsible for ESIC online payment on monthly basis.
ESIC scheme was basically started for the factory workers. However, it is now extended to the workers of hotels, shops, cinemas, restaurants, transport undertakings, and media establishments. It is also applied to the educational institutions hiring 20 or more than 20 employees. The scheme is applicable in almost all the states and union territories of India. However, some states do not cover workers in the shops and theaters. The scheme is currently applicable to the workers in major states. Few states are not yet covered. These include North-eastern states like Mizoram, Manipur, Sikkim, and Arunachal Pradesh.
It is now mandatory to pay ESI dues online through SBI or any other authorized bank. Hence, this ESIC online payment procedure will be very helpful. In case, if the employer has issued the challan with a cheque, it will not be acceptable. The challan is to be generated online. The scheme is very much similar to the Employees Provident Fund Scheme which is a retirement scheme. It is an employer’s responsibility to remit ESIC online payment before the due date. The deadline date is 21st of every following month. ESIC is now allowing employers to register employees online. The payment and submission of the statements are also done online. ESI procedures are already online in many states. These states are like Delhi, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka. You will also learn to pay income tax payment online on billpayments.co.in.